Friday, June 23, 2006

INTIMATE MOMENTS WITH YOUR...

Ohhh…I know what you are thinking. The title to this blog is not intimate moments with your man or woman as some of you might’ve been thinking. This blog’s title is Intimate Moments with your TVD (i.e. TV + DVD = TVD). Yes, some of us are not as ‘double’/in relationships like some of you. Single people like me, love to spend time with their TVDs, just as you love to spend time with your significant others. Since I have an almost non-existent social life, every weekend is TVD weekend and boy my TVD never fails to make my weekends exciting (yeah…I can hear some ‘double’ people laughing at me right now, thinking, ‘what a freak. Well what am I supposed to do? I really am in love with my TVD!). The weekends get even more exciting when I am watching my TVD and eating chocolate (you know, the Cadburys, the Nestlés, the Lindts and the Ferreros. Awwww smooth, melt in your mouth chocolate…very hard to resist). The feeling I get is just…indescribable. ‘Double’ people should try it you know.

Anyway, following in the steps of akina Couch ‘Tato, I just wanted to recommend the following movies, that I have watched so far this year. This blog is reaching out to all the other TVD freaks, because I know I am not the only one but I am sure they have already watched all of them, besides they are indeed TVD freaks. I am also reaching out to people like Kibet, who love watching movies and ‘double’ people.

THE GOOD
Newish
A Love Song for Bobby Long- John Travolta
North Country-Charlize Theron
Jarhead- Jake Gyllenhaal
The Machinist- Christian Bale
The Truth about Love- Jennifer Love-Hewitt
40-year old Virgin- Steve Carell
Walk the Line- Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon
Lord of War- Nicholas Cage
Casanova- Heath Ledger
The Legend of Zorro- Antonio Banderas
Rumour Has It- Jennifer Aniston
Just Like Heaven- Reese Witherspoon
Just Friends- Ryan Reynolds
Thumbsucker- Vincent D’Onofrio and Vince Vaughn
Saw II- dunno any of the actors
The Family Stone- Sarah Jessica Parker
Fun with Dick and Jane- Jim Carrey
Underworld: Evolution- Kate Beckinsale
Big Momma’s House II- Martin Lawrence
The Da Vinci Code- Tom Hanks
Mr and Mrs Smith- Brangelina
Memoirs of a Geisha- Zhang Ziyi
Chronicles of Narnia- Tilda Swinton
Shopgirl- Clare Danes and Steve Martin
The Weatherman- Nicholas Cage

Oldish
The Jacket- Adrian Brody
Young Adam (why? because of the good storyline) - Ewan McGregor
Snatch- Brad Pitt
Marci X- Damon Wayans and Lisa Kudrow
Third Wheel- Luke Wilson
Juwanna Mann- Vivica A. Fox

THE BAD
Stage Beauty- Clare Danes
The Upside of Anger- Kevin Costner
Stay- Ewan McGregor

THE UGLY
Young Adam (why? because there were too many sex scenes-very irritating)
Waiting- Ryan Reynolds
House of Wax- Paris Hilton (no wonder it was crap)
I do but I don’t- Dean Cain
Cake- Heather Graham

I recommend that you watch all of them if you can because my goods may be your uglys and my bads may be your goods. Now I am off to watch the likes of Munich and Goal among others. What movies do you recommend I watch?
Got to go the TVD is calling. Cheers!

3 comments:

Cowi said...

Great blog vicki....
I'm also madly in love with my TVD. I mostly don't watch Television but I'm head over heels for Movies. And even double people appreciate you (we at least I am not lauching)


Funny I didn't like juwanna man so much. Loved most of the recent stuff you've seen. So sad I missed family stone in the theater but definately taking you up on the challenge.

Have you seen,

Love Actually
Princess Diaries (BOTH)) this is gd for the soul just to paint a fairy tale
Big Fish
The Note Book - My all time fav love story up ther with sleepless in seattle and City of Angels
One Flew Over the cuckoo's Nest - What can I say Jack Nicholson Rules
The Godfather - make a date for this one. Watch them all in a day. there's nothing like it.
When Harry Met Sally - (OK anything romantic with Meg Ryan of Julia Roberts should cover his)
Being John Malkovich
50 first dates
Chocolat - Everyone should watch this movie before they die
About a Boy - Big up
Bend it like Beckham
Amerie
Diary OF a Mad Black Woman

....

is this enough evidence that even the twos have a tvd life?
Hmmm

More later

v-key said...

I have seen all except Diary of a Mad Black Woman- i have not seen it in the video lib,One Flew Over the cuckoo's Nest and The Godfather. I have always avoided watching the Godfather and the new Star Wars trilogy. I dunno why. I have been looking for someone who likes Audrey Tatou's Amelie apparently only movie freaks or guys with a weird taste in movies would like it.Cowi, I didn't know you are a movie freak, you do not fit the 'movie freak' profile.

Cowi said...

What is the movie freak profile?