Tuesday, August 14, 2007

POLYGAMY Allowed in proposed marriage bill

You may all have read the article in the standard today or been following up on Kenyan laws and constitution and so have heard of this proposed marriage bill.

I was both pleased/confused/etc to note that Kenya is looking to liberalize its thoughts on marriage. The only thing that bugs me is the Polygamy accepted as long as you state your intentions before marriage number 1. I was hoping that we could also see Polyandry given the same treatment. Not that I am or am not a women rights activist, I just think this will aid the mama's who have to hide to have their needs met when their boo's ain't satisfactory.

1 comment:

ms_cleo said...

Yeah. let's legalize infidelity. Afterall, when the wife(no.1) coming streaming in you wife the quickest way to shut her up would be to say, "Well I can always get a replacement).