Monday, December 12, 2005

Knowledge of self?

I wont concede whats making me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. It might just fizzle away, I'm wont to take that risk.

You will notice i changed the look and feel of this whole place - hence yesterdays renascence. I've realised since that i have made it a habit to be reborn, in every sense of the word. I enjoy stooping and rebuilding from worn out tools. I love the challenge of what the new will feel like - the fleeting promise of a new day, a high in its own right. It is in this time that I want reach out to others, to share , to revel in the brotherhood of my peers.

My fear is that I also secretly sadistically look forward to the flip side of that cycle - the death of things, the collapse, the very need to be reborn. What this reflects is a bizarre ambivalence that makes up the juice that keeps me ticking - day to day -week to week. It is in this time that I am, as so succincly put by Simon and garfunkel, a rock, an island, protected by my books (work) and poetry (programming). I find great solace in silence, in soaking in m own presence.

Whenever I resign to such 'who-am-I' thoughts, I am often tied down by the age old conundrum of nature vs nurture - and the evidence to point to both arguments is compelling enough to make me forget about the work i actually have to do - which is why i'll take this cue and head off to work. it'll be a good day - Carpe deim, or more appropriately , F U Monday blues...

Here I go..armed with a blurry knowledge of self - better than none at all.

5 comments:

Msanii_XL said...

Monday blues..is always a bitch..i have been exeprience a newness too of late though not reflected on the blog...two post back back...impressed I am..LOL

Unknown said...

Cheers man..I swear my fingers ached as i typed..this hasnt happened in a while!

Thanks for the heads up..will defineitely holla - need to unganisha that NYD link au sio?? the podcast is sounding too good for me to let it slide hehe

Orkoiyot said...

Daaaaaamn! Who did wat to the brother!!!

Its a good thing to search for yourself every so often! Its amazing what we find...

Orkoiyot said...

just noted that i'll really miss the colour...

Anonymous said...

deno did you get the link...i dropped it like tuesday or wednesday last week